In line with the NHS 5 Year Plan our practice has recently become a member of the Prestwich Primary Care Network (along with St Gabriel’s Medical Centre, Whittaker Lane Medical Centre, Longfield Practice, The Birches and Greylands Medical Centre).
- Primary care networks are based on GP registered lists, typically serving natural communities of around 30,000 to 50,000
- Networking allows groups of practices to work together with a range of local providers across primary care, community services, social care and the voluntary sector
- We will have the opportunity and funding for new, shared roles, initially including additional pharmacist support and a social prescriber (providing signposting and support for non-clinical programmes, services and events, such as walking groups, mental health counselling, debt management, healthy cooking programmes, mindfulness sessions etc etc
- Additional new roles will be introduced in the future such as paramedics working in the community and physician associates (new roles to assist GP’s
- Clinical Director for Prestwich Primary Care Network is Dr Kathuria from our own practice
- Lead Practice Manager for our Network is Mrs Ann Stewart from St Gabriel’s