IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE ORDERING OF REPEAT PRESCRIPTIONS:
DUE TO THE CURRENT SITUATION, PLEASE ALLOW 1 WEEK FOR US TO PROCESS & SEND YOUR PRESCRIPTION ELECTRONICALLY TO YOUR NOMINATED PHARMACY. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A PHARMACY NOMINATED, PLEASE CONTACT RECEPTION.
How can I order my repeat prescription?
- Online at https://www.patient-services.co.uk. If you have not already registered, you can do this easily on the website and no longer need a registration token from the practice.
- Via your local pharmacy
- In person at the surgery (using your previous backslip). This can be handed in at reception or posted in prescription box located at the side of the reception desk.
Please note, we do not take repeat prescription requests over the phone.
When will my prescription be ready for collection?
- You should allow 48 hours for the processing of your prescription (72 hours if you have opted to collect your medication direct from the pharmacy).
- Prescriptions are ready after 3.00 pm.
- Please do not ring the surgery to check if your prescription is ready. It will be ready for you to collect 48 hours after ordering (excluding weekends and bank holidays) but please wait until after 3.00 pm to come into the surgery to collect your prescription. For example, if you order your prescription on Friday, it will be ready for collection in the surgery after 3.00 pm the following Tuesday. If you order on a Monday, your prescription will be ready for collection in the surgery after 3.00 pm on Wednesday.
Electronic Prescription Service
We are now able to offer the Electronic Prescription Service, so if you nominated a pharmacy, we will send all future prescriptions electronically to your preferred pharmacy.
If you would like to take advantage of this service and haven’t yet completed a nomination form, you should ask your preferred pharmacy to set your nomination. You don’t need a computer to do this.
This will not affect the way that you order / request prescriptions.
Electronic Prescription Service – benefits for you
· If you get a repeat prescription, you will not have to spend your time coming to the practice each time to pick up your paper prescription. Instead we will send it automatically to the place you choose, with less chance of it getting lost.
· Nearly all pharmacies will be connected to the service, so you will be able to get your medicines from any pharmacy you choose – whether it’s near home, work or the shops.
· You may not have to wait as long for your prescription items, as often there will be time to get your repeat prescription items ready before you arrive. If any of the medicines on your prescription are out of stock when the pharmacist receives your prescription , they can be ordered in ready for you.
What happens if I do not wish to use the service?
Nothing- you will continue to get paper prescriptions as you do now.
A full list of pharmacies who are offering electronic prescriptions is listed on NHS Choices Website You will see ‘Electronic Prescription Service Available here’ next to the name of the pharmacy listed.
More information about the Electronic Prescription Service is available from your local pharmacy, from the surgery or on-line at http://www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/eps.
Alternatively you can contact PALS on freephone 0800 328 3166 (Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm) or you can email email@example.com
Prescriptions charges and exemptions
For current prescription charges, including pre-paid prescriptions, exemptions and other useful information please visit the NHS website.